LinkedIn

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sharepoint 2010 Move-SPSite Issues

Recently in one of the sharepoint migration projects I had a requirement to move all the contents of a sitecollection to a seprate content database. I was using Move-SPSite powesrshell comment and when I executed this command I got error message: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. In the eventviewer the error logged was : Database 'WSS_Content_80_Demo' on SQL Server instance 'XXXX' is not empty and does not match current database schema.
After spending sometime searching for the he problem I found that the Content DBs were out of sync. Then I executed the following command:
PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures

No comments:

Post a Comment